Episcopal Commission on Biblical Apostolate (ECBA)
- Shall, in line with the objectives of the Conference, promote, animate, supervise, and coordinate the Biblical Apostolate in the Country.
- Shall have an Executive Committee to assist the Chairman in complying with his task, particularly in the management of the National Office of the Apostolate, and shall have a Financial Board for the adequate support and continuity of the Biblical Apostolate.
- Shall assist in and encourage the establishment not only of diocesan Biblical Centers with their proper Directors appointed by the Bishops but also regional Biblical Centers with their Directors recognized by the Commission upon endorsement of the local Ordinaries concerned.
- Shall periodically review and evaluate the Plans, Programs, and Projects of the Regional Biblical Centers, and make the proper recommendations thereon. It shall help these Center together with those in the Diocesan level in the production and distribution of materials for the biblical formation of God’s People, particularly the procurement and dissemination of the Sacred Scriptures for the faithful’s easy access to the Word of God.
- Shall choose and appoint pastorally oriented biblical Scholars to serve as Consultors of the Commission, to assist in the various translation efforts of the Bible, and to help in drafting the needed biblico-pastoral Documents of the Conference, in designing modules of Biblical Formation, in forming the Workers in the Biblical Apostolate, and in animating the biblical formation of the Laity in general.
- Shall help ensure the sustained biblico-pastoral formation of Priests and Seminarians, Religious and Lay Persons, promoting, in particular, the formation of the Biblico-Pastoral Lay Servants and the Lay Ministers of the Word at the service of Basic Ecclesial Communities.
- Shall support the National Association of Bible Scholars, prepare the celebration of the annual Bible Week and periodic Bible Festivals with themes determined by the Commission, oversee the special annual collections in all ecclesiastical jurisdictions for the Biblical Apostolate, and organize the bi-annual National Workshops on the Biblical Apostolate.
- Shall invite the different groups with Bible-related apostolate to affiliate themselves with the Commission, communicate with the Office of Evangelization of the Federation of Asian Bishops’ Conferences (FABC), the Catholic Biblical Federation, and maintain relations with the Philippine Bible Society, the Summer Institute of Linguistics, and other inter-confessional entities involved in the Bible Apostolate.
Chairman: Bp. Renato P. Mayugba
Vice-Chairman: Abp. Martin S. Jumoad
Members: Bp. Sofronio A. Bancud, SSS
Bp. Honesto F. Ongtioco
Bp. Broderick S. Pabillo
Bp. Noel P. Pedregosa
Executive Secretary: Rev. Fr. Arlo Bernardo S. Yap, SVD
Address: 3/F CBCP Bldg.
470 Gen. Luna St.
Telefax: (02) 8527-9386 / 8527-4157